Cardiovascular Step Down/Cardiopulmonary Step Down
Contact the Unit Manager:
- 36 beds on Division 6700, 12 Private Rooms in CV Step Down
- Cardiothoracic surgical patients, cardiopulmonary and cardiac patients. Patients with coronary artery bypass, valve or thoracic surgery, both pre- and post-operative. Acute respiratory failure, COPD, pneumonia, chest pain, post-cardiac catheterization
Rhonda Cira, Head Nurse
Sandra Anderson, Associate Head Nurse
Carrie O'Connell, Associate Head Nurse
Donald Yap, Unit Specific Educator
EKG and critical care training are provided. A critical care internship program is offered for new graduate nurses who wish to start on a step-down area. BLS and ACLS certification are offered through St. Luke's. Ongoing educational opportunities are provided through St. Luke's Department of Education.
- 4-, 8- and 12-hour shifts
- Days, evenings and nights
- Every third weekend required
- Self-scheduling available
What makes us special?
- Patient Care Technicians
- Unit Secretaries
We have a tremendous staff that ranges from new graduates to highly seasoned nurses on all shifts. We have a great team of people who care about their patients and work well together. We are highly supported by our physicians, which makes our job much easier.
To find out if there is a position available in this division, click on the Job Search button.