Contact the Unit Manager:
- 38 patient beds
- This is a general surgery unit that cares for a variety of patients with GI, endocrine, plastic and vascular surgical needs. Patients can vary in age from adolescent through geriatric.
Cynthia Scalise, Head Nurse
Anne Vines, Associate Head Nurse
Helene Burke, Associate Head Nurse
Joan McCourt, Unit Specific Educator
External and internal ongoing education is available and encouraged.
- 4-, 8- and 12-hour shifts
- Days, evenings and nights, rotating
- Weekend requirement every third weekend
- Supervised self-scheduling available
What makes us special?
- Charge Nurse
- Patient Care Technicians
- Unit Secretaries
8700 is a surgical area that provides excellent orientation and ongoing daily support to all staff members. This unit serves physicians who are supportive of a diverse staff while providing outstanding care. This area provides care to patients who have a variety of recovery periods and needs. Patients could be on the unit overnight, or up to several days. The nursing staff is excellent at pain management, utilizing modern therapies, which can include epidurals, PCA and other alternate modes. The variety of the surgical population (gall bladder, bowel resection, carotid, thyroid, breast, etc.) allows staff to utilize many aspects of their nursing education and background.
To find out if there is a position available in this division, click on the Job Search button.