Contact the Unit Manager:
- 38 patient beds
- This is a neuroscience unit that cares for a variety of patients with neuromedical and neurosurgical diagnoses. This unit supports the Brain and Spine Center, as well as the Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Center for Children and Adults, by caring for their inpatients.
Cynthia Scalise, Head Nurse
Glen Bartz, Associate Head Nurse
Mary Blessing, Associate Head Nurse
Joan McCourt, Unit Specific Educator
External and internal ongoing education is available and encouraged.
- 4-, 8- and 12-hour shifts
- Days, evenings and nights, rotating
- Weekend requirement every third weekend
- Supervised self-scheduling available
What makes us special?
- Charge Nurse
- Patient Care Technicians
- Unit Secretaries
9600 is a neuroscience specialty area that provides excellent orientation and ongoing daily support to all staff members. This unit serves physicians who are supportive of a diverse staff while providing outstanding care. This unit achieves outstanding patient outcomes through the efforts of the entire team, while maintaining our number one priority, our patients. The Comprehensive Epilepsy Service treats patients with intractable epilepsy, offering them medical, surgical and neuropsychological assistance as appropriate.
To find out if there is a position available in this division, click on the Job Search button.