Same Day Surgery
Contact the Unit Manager:
- 21 Pre-operative rooms
- 16 Outpatient recovery rooms
- 10 Patient bays in pre-operative holding
- We take care of a variety of surgical patients encompassing all services, including general surgery, cardiothoracic, orthopedic, neurosurgical, GYN, urology, ophthalmic, retina, ENT, plastics, dental, oral-maxillofacial and dermatology
Georgia Sides, Head Nurse
Anita Detchemendy, Associate Head Nurse
Georgia Sides, Unit Specific Educator
We have monthly staff meetings and on-the-job training for all of our positions. We require annual competency and BLS.
- 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts
- Days and some evenings
- Every-other-month Saturday or on-call requirement
RN Employment Requirement:
- Patient Care Technicians
- Unit Secretaries
A minimum of two years medical/surgical experience is required.
What makes us special?
Our departments have a very cohesive spirit and low staff turnover. The variety of patients we see make our areas very interesting to work in, as there is always something new to learn. We work collaboratively with surgeons, their office personnel, anesthesiologists and the entire surgical services team. Our patient satisfaction scores are consistently among the highest in the hospital. We pride ourselves in taking optimum care of the patient and being able to see them go through the Surgical Services Department and be discharged with a smile on their faces.
To find out if there is a position available in this division, click on the Job Search button.