Impact of Your Investment
Philanthropic support has been instrumental in helping St. Luke's expand and improve important services, programs and new technologies that benefit patients and improve the health of our community in very tangible ways, including:
Leading the Way with Technology
Enhancing the Standard of Care
- State-of-the-art Hybrid Operating Room - Added in July 2010, this innovative operating room and specialized angiography system -- presently, the only one of its kind in Missouri -- offers advanced medical care to patients, providing lower risk, faster recoveries and more efficient medical care.
- SPECT/CT Technology - The first in
St. Louis, the 64-slice SPECT/CT scanner offers the latest in heart disease detection.
- Trilogy Linear Accelerator - Delivering the most advanced radiation treatments available, it allows for the treatment of very small lesions and tumors that are close to vital structures while avoiding or minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue.
- da Vinci Robotic-Assisted Surgical System - It improves complex, minimally invasive surgery, offering important patient benefits such as shorter hospital stays, less pain and lower risk of surgical site infection.
- Digital Mammography - The latest diagnostic technology for breast cancer, digital mammography is more sensitive than film mammography images and uses less radiation.
Pioneering Better Ways to Deliver Quality, Personalized Healthcare
- To extend its continuum of quality healthcare, in the past year, St. Luke's added Home Health and Hospice Care services.
- In 2012, St. Luke's was named an America's 50 Best Hospital™ for the sixth consecutive year, an accomplishment no other area hospital has achieved. This HealthGrades® designation puts St. Luke's in the top one percent of hospitals in the nation for clinical quality.