Impact of Your Investment
Philanthropic support has been instrumental in helping St. Luke's expand and improve important services, programs and new technologies that benefit patients and improve the health of our community in very tangible ways, including:
Leading the Way with Technology
Enhancing the Standard of Care
- State-of-the-art Hybrid Operating Room - Added in July 2010, this innovative operating room and specialized angiography system offers advanced medical care to patients, providing lower risk, faster recoveries and more efficient medical care.
- SPECT/CT Technology - The first in St. Louis, the 64-slice SPECT/CT scanner offers the latest in heart disease detection.
- Trilogy Linear Accelerator - Delivering the most advanced radiation treatments available, it allows for the treatment of very small lesions and tumors that are close to vital structures while avoiding or minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue.
- da Vinci Robotic-Assisted Surgical System - It improves complex, minimally invasive surgery, offering important patient benefits such as shorter hospital stays, less pain and lower risk of surgical site infection.
- Digital Mammography - The latest diagnostic technology for breast cancer, digital mammography is more sensitive than film mammography images and uses less radiation.
- St. Luke's was selected as the first facility in Missouri to offer SonoCiné Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound, which can detect more cancers when they're small in women with dense breasts.
- St. Luke's is the only St. Louis hospital recognized as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades® (2007-2014), ranking among the top one percent in the nation based on superior clinical quality.