The Body Mass Index Calculator can be used as a general gauge of how appropriate your body weight is for your height. By entering your current height and weight, you can assess if you are underweight, overweight, or just right.
The BMI Calculator is based on data taken from middle-aged men and women. It may not be accurate for pregnant or nursing women, competitive athletes, and the elderly. The normal ranges for BMI in children are entirely different, and vary according to age and gender.
If you have used other A.D.A.M. tools, some of this information may be filled in for you.
1. Click the appropriate button to indicate if you are entering your weight in pounds or kilograms.
2. Enter your weight.
3. Click the appropriate button to indicate if you are entering your height in feet and inches or in meters and centimeters.
4. Enter your height.
5. Select your status: NONE, BODYBUILDING/ATHLETE, PREGNANT, BREASTFEEDING, or UNDER 18 years of age.
6. When you're finished, click SUBMIT to display the results.
7. To enter new height and weight measurements, click TRY AGAIN.