Clinical Pastoral Education
St. Luke's Hospital
St. Luke's Hospital is a 493-bed, full-service, nonprofit Hospital with more than 800 physicians on its medical staff, experts in more than 30 medical specialties. The Hospital had its beginnings in November of 1865. A small group of concerned Episcopalians met to decide how the Episcopal Church could respond to the health care needs of persons in the St. Louis area.
The Episcopal Church led this health care ministry called St. Luke's until 1948. At that time the Presbyterian Church (USA) joined the Episcopalians to co-sponsor the Hospital. Both continue to be involved in St. Luke's to this day.
We are a premier regional health care provider located in west St. Louis County. Our Centers of Excellence are the Brain and Spine Center, Center for Cancer Care, Heart Institute, Osteoporosis Center, Pain Management Center, Sleep Medicine Center, Urgent Care Centers, Vascular Access Center, and Women's Services/Maternity Services. Learn more about our Centers of Excellence.
St. Luke's also operates Surrey Place, a 120 - bed skilled nursing facility with 20 residential care private rooms, providing quality care in attractive, comfortable surroundings. Also, our Pediatric Care Center is a mission-based agency of St. Luke's Hospital that has been providing care for medically underserved and underinsured children in the St. Louis region.
St. Luke's Hospital has been recognized since 2007 as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades®. Learn more about our Honors & Awards.
Four adjoining doctors' office buildings and the Desloge Outpatient Center are also located on the St. Luke's Hospital campus. St. Luke's Hospital's Institute for Health Education, located within a five-story atrium between two medical office buildings, offers an attractive setting for providing health information to the community. Our mission is to improve the health of the community we serve facilitated through education, the early detection of disease and the promotion of healthy lifestyles.