Genetic Counseling Services
St. Luke's offers Genetic Counseling Services to provide information and support to families who have members with birth defects or genetic disorders and to families who may be at risk for a variety of inherited diseases. Certified genetic counselors investigate problems present in a family, interpret information about an identified disorder, analyze inheritance patterns and risks of recurrence, and review available options with the family. These services are offered in a non-judgmental, non-directive fashion to allow individuals and families to make informed decisions.
St. Luke's Genetic Counseling Services include:
For more information or to make a genetic counseling appointment, call 314-469-3990.
- Preconception - concern about personal or family histories and teratogen exposure
- Infertility - recurrent pregnancy loss evaluation, identified genetic causes of infertility
- Prenatal - abnormal ultrasound findings, serum screening, prenatal diagnosis, teratogen exposure, concerns about personal or family histories
- Neonatal - newborns with known or suspected diagnosis of structural birth defects or genetic disorder
- Adult - family history of genetic disorder
- Cancer - breast, ovarian, uterine, GI, dermatologic