This is a momentous time for St. Luke's Center for Cancer Care. Recognizing our high quality of cancer care, the American Cancer Society, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the National Quality Forum and the National Cancer Institute have distinguished our Center as an approved Commission on Cancer (COC) program.
In addition to this honor, we are excited by our new facilities which have been designed to enhance our patients' experience. As you will see, the focus of our annual report this year is lung cancer, and we will feature treatments that combine innovative science with compassionate care. These services will be enhanced by the updates we are making to our Center.
Our patient-focused care is evident in every aspect of the renovated Center, from the beautifully landscaped Mary Ann Lee Healing Garden to the cutting-edge infusion center. We hope to complete all updates by Spring 2013. Highlights of the Center include:
In addition to the structural improvements, we have devised new clinical initiatives including the Cancer Survivorship Program designed for patients who have completed treatment. This will provide a summary of their diagnosis, treatment and recommendations for comprehensive follow-up care.
- Warm and inviting patient environment
- Improved access for patients and their families
- Streamlined patient registration process
- Convenient laboratory draw area
- Comfortable infusion area offering the latest in technology
- Modern and expanded medical oncology office space
- Remodeled dressing and waiting areas in the Radiation Oncology Department
- Healing Garden to promote healing and reduce stress
- Spacious multi-purpose room for support groups
- Informative Cancer resource library
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to facilitate coordination of patient care between healthcare providers
Now is the time to bring a new dimension of cancer care to our community. As caregivers, nothing means more to our team than our patients and their overall health and well-being. We hope you enjoy the report.
Albert Van Amburg III, MD, Chair
2012 Oncology Peer Review Committee