Center for Cancer Care
Center for Cancer Care Renovation
In November 2010, St. Luke's began the first phase of a two-year project to renovate the existing Cancer Center to best meet the needs of cancer patients throughout the region. The Center's new, state-of-the-art design integrates best practices from around the country and anchors the entire network of St. Luke's cancer care services in a patient-focused environment. In addition, the proximity of services allows for greater collaboration in care and treatment and a more comfortable patient experience.
Complete with the latest advancements in cancer care, the 30,000-squarefoot design will help advance our mission of clinical excellence. Whether it's the recent upgrade of our linear accelerator that enables our team of doctors to treat small lesions and tumors while avoiding or minimizing damage to surrounding tissue or our new 22-chair infusion area, the Center is truly focused on the best in patient care.
While we are expanding and enhancing our facilities, we are proud to be the home of one of the most comprehensive cancer programs in the region. In fact, many patients who live near other nationally-recognized cancer programs come here for our extraordinary physicians and nurses, and for our commitment to giving our patients unsurpassed access to cutting-edge treatments.
We are excited about the Center improvements. Some highlights of the new Center include:
- Better access for patients and their families
- Improved patient registration process
- New infusion area offering the latest in comfort and technology
- New and expanded medical oncology office space
- Remodeled dressing and waiting areas in the Radiation Oncology Department
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to facilitate coordination of patient care between healthcare providers
- Healing Garden to promote healing and reduce stress
- Warm and inviting patient environment
- New resource library
- New multi-purpose room for support groups and other activities
- New laboratory draw area