Dr. Ettinger, along with his research staff, offer a Support Group Meeting on a quarterly basis for our Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension and COPD patients here at the hospital. These meetings offer valuable information, time to mingle with other patients in the same boat as you and a chance to ask any lingering questions you may have for our speakers and/or Dr Ettinger.
If you would like more information or to join any of our future meetings, please call Tammy at 314-439-5864.
Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
Caregiver's Resources - PDF
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reducing distress, depression or anxiety
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options