HeartCaring Wellness Screening
Day of Dance registration opens
For mothers and daughters
Visit stlukes-stl.com for details.
Look for the latest calendar of events & classes in your mailbox in January.
Are you taking advantage of this great Spirit Member benefit? Don't forget that Spirit Members get exclusive discounts at area retailers. Simply show your Spirit key tag when shopping to save.
Lost your purple key tag?
Email us at:
The holiday season is upon us. The things we love about the holidays—time with family and friends, great food and fun traditions—can also be the very things that cause stress and wear us down. Be sure to listen to your own needs this year and remember to take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. We hear it all the time, but if you're not good for yourself, you can't be good for anyone else. And if you're doing so much to make the holidays great for those around you, remember that you deserve to enjoy them, too. Click here for some quick tips on striking a healthy balance for yourself this holiday season.
Wishing you and your family healthy and happy holidays!
Mary Pfenning, RN, MSN, Spirit of Women Coordinator
314-205-6654 - email@example.com
Hundreds of women enjoyed a "dazzling" night of pampering, shopping, health tips, engaging conversation, inspiring talks and more at the 5th annual St. Luke's Hospital Spirit Girls' Night Out on Thursday, Oct. 25. Thank you to all who joined us for an unforgettable evening. To see photos from the event, check out the photo album on the St. Luke's Facebook page (facebook.com/StLukesSTL). If you missed Spirit Girls' Night Out, plan to join us in October 2013 (date TBA).
Based on feedback from last year's Spirit Girls' Night Out, we extended the length of the event this year to allow time for more activities, revamped the layout for easier flow and space, and streamlined registration and other details to improve the guest experience. When surveyed about the event this year, nearly 97 percent of respondents said they would recommend the event to a friend or colleague. Other positive feedback attendees shared:
Loved it! Thank you for having this fun/informative event!
My friend and I especially liked Dessert with the Doctors.
I was exceptionally pleased with the number of docs who took the time to be part of the program. This was an awesome and fun night full of fun and information.
This is a very fun event! It's a nice time to spend with a few of my close friends and gather information. Exquisite event; very informative, fun, uplifting, encouraging, relaxing...great!
As part of Spirit Girls' Night Out on Oct. 25,
St. Luke's Vice President Jan Hess presented four inspiring women with the 2012 St. Luke's Hospital Healthy Woman Award: (pictured left to right) Becky Allmeroth, Chris Wilson, Julie Harbor and Kelly Ellison. Selected from a large pool of very deserving nominees, this year's winners not only take action for their own health, but empower others in the community to live healthier and inspire us all.
Learn more about the Healthy Woman Award honorees and read their stories.
We value our Spirit of Women members and appreciate knowing what you think of membership, our program and what health topics are of most interest to you. In August we invited you to participate in an online Spirit of Women Member Survey. We received a great response. Thank you to those of you who took time to share your feedback. Here is some of what we learned from you:
- 84% have made an appointment to see a healthcare provider or scheduled a health screening or test since becoming a Spirit of Women member.
- 66% have made a positive change in lifestyle or health habits. Many shared some great successes!
- Health topics you want to know more about: nutrition & fitness, dermatology, heart & vascular, breast health, cancer, sleep. We will definitely use this input when planning events and programs.
- 99.6% read St. Luke's Spirit of Women e-mail communications always or sometimes.
- You also shared some great comments and we appreciate them all. Feel free to reach out to us any time by email or through the Spirit of Women Health Information Line at 314-205-6654.
Looking for a healthy holiday gift for someone or maybe even yourself this year? Here are some ideas:
- Perfect Fit - This weight management program, offered by St. Luke's, combines individualized personal training and nutrition counseling with the goals of getting clients to their "perfect fit." Various packages/pricing available. Find out more, download the flyer or call 314-205-6185.
- Massage Gift Certificates - Certified massage therapists offer therapeautic massage at multiple locations. $60 per hour. For details, call 314-542-4800.
- Save money when you shop - Use your Spirit of Women purple key tag at more than 130 Spirit of Women Retail Partners. See the retailers and their discounts.
One in four women - women of all ages - experience incontinence or other pelvic health issues. Are you one of them? You don't have to be. Make a resolution to take control.
St. Luke's offers a wide range of pelvic health services and resources, including:
- Pelvic Health Nurse Navigator - speak confidentially about your issues and treatment options to consider: call 314-205-6654
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Total ControlTM fitness and educational pelvic health program - attend a free intro. session January 26 or March 28 to learn more (See details).
- Pelvic floor physical therapy (Learn more)
- Minimally-invasive surgical and non-surgical treatment
St. Luke's Hospital is pleased to welcome Sharon S. Sung, MD, who is joining Drs. Mary Grimm and Gordon Goldman at Associates in Women's Health Care, LLC. Dr. Sung received her medical degree from the University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine and completed her residency as chief resident in obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center.
Dr. Sung is looking forward to caring for women of all ages, including adolescents, and to helping her patients improve overall wellness and heart health. She is excited to offer individualized treatment options, including minimally-invasive techniques. Dr. Sung is accepting new patients. Her office is located at 226 S. Woods Mill Rd., Suite 60 West in Chesterfield; phone is 314-878-7333.
As a Spirit of Women member, did you know you get great retail discounts? The list of participating Spirit of Women Retail Partners continues to grow. Simply show your purple key tag to receive exclusive member discounts at more than 130 area retailers. (Lost your key tag? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-205-6654 and we'll send you a new one.) Check out the full list of retail partners and their discounts on the website.
Caprice Designs by Gabriela (jewelry)
Flawless Permanent Cosmetics
Mary Kay Cosmetics
P.S. Rapp Sewer & Plumbing
Picture This Photo Booth
Revive Lash & Skin Spa
Relax The Back
South Grand - Massage Luxe/Face Luxe
The Painting Paw
Your Life Organized: Professional Home Organizing Services
Brown Sugar Topping
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 Tbsp. margarine, softened
1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated skim milk
3 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsp. grated orange peel
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pie plate (10 x 1 1/2 inch) with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine brown sugar topping ingredients, set aside. Place all pumpkin pie ingredients in blender or food processor; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (8 servings): Calories 185, Fat 2g, Protein 6g, Carb 36g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 240mg, Cholesterol 2mg.
Spirit of Women Health Information Line: 314-205-6654