Fertility and Reproductive Services at St. Luke's Hospital
St. Luke's is home to some of the world's most groundbreaking, leading-edge therapies for infertility and reproductive issues.
St. Luke's comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care includes a wide range of reproductive health services including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for reproductive disorders and pregnancy issues. Services are provided by an experienced medical team, including physicians specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, urology, reproductive endocrinology and reproductive surgery.
Physicians specializing in reproductive and fertility services including in vitro fertilization, assisted reproductive techniques and micro-surgery, work closely with embryologists, registered nurses, genetic counselors, a dedicated surgical team and other support staff to provide an integrated and personalized approach for each patient.
Many of the major infertility procedures popularized around the world were originally developed at the Infertility Center of St. Louis and it has been featured regularly in national and international media. The TODAY Show
filmed the first live IVF treatment at St. Luke's Hospital in September 2013. Watch the story of Dr. Sherman Silber's patients Jessica and Derek
Female Fertility Services
Other Female Services
- Pelvic ultrasound and systematic infertility evaluation
- Ovulation induction
- Treatment of prolactin disorder
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Selective salpingography and tubal recanalization
- Intrauterine insemination
- Donor insemination
- Myomectomy (laparotomy and hysteroscopic approach)
- Repair of surgical anomalies of the uterus
- Recurrent pregnancy loss evaluation and treatmentv
- Triple flap adenomyomectomy (difficult cases of adenomyosis can be cured and the uterus can be saved)
In Vitro Fertilization Services
- Egg and embryo freezing
- Ovarian tissue freezing: this is an especially viable option for cancer patients needing to have cancer treatment who want to preserve their chance for unassisted conception later. Some cancers and cancer treatments may affect fertility. Chemotherapy, for example, can damage the area of the ovary that holds the eggs. With ovarian tissue freezing, a portion of the ovary is removed during surgery, preserved through freezing and is later (after chemotherapy and when the woman hopes to conceive) transplanted back to the ovary.
Male Fertility Services
- Follicular aspiration (egg retrieval)
- In vitro fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Assisted hatching
- Embryo transfer
- Embryo vitrification (flawless freezing)
- Mini-IVF: an option for women who may not be candidates for conventional IVF, particularly older women or women with low ovarian reserve
- Embryo biopsy for genetic testing
- Testicular sperm extraction (microsurgical) for men with azoospermia
- Micro-surgical epididymal sperm aspiration
- Micro-surgical vasectomy reversal (MVR) surgery (including difficult cases and those with previous failure)
The following specialists work closely together as members of the IVF and infertility services team at St. Luke's Hospital and provide specific areas of expertise to assist patients with other needs.
Sherman J. Silber, MD, Medical Director of Infertility Services at St. Luke's
Infertility Center of St. Louis
224 S. Woods Mill Road
Suite 730 South
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Dr. Silber, Medical Director of Infertility Services at St. Luke's, is a world-renowned fertility specialist and micro-surgeon. He practices at the Infertility Center of St. Louis, which has been part of St. Luke's Hospital for more than 35 years.
Jorge A. Pineda, MD
Advanced Reproductive Specialists, LLC
226 S. Woods Mill Road
Suite 64 West
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Dr. Pineda is board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has many years of experience in reproductive surgery, endocrinology and infertility, including IVF.
Michael DeRosa, MD
Allied Associates in OB/GYN
621 S. New Ballas Road
Tower A, Suite 101
St. Louis, MO 63141
Dr. Michael DeRosa is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has many years of experience in reproductive surgery and IVF.