Vitamin/fluoride combination, pediatric formula (By mouth)
Multivitamins are given to children who need more vitamins in their diet. Fluoride helps prevent cavities.
Floriva, MVC-Fluoride, Multivitamin and Fluoride, Multivitamin with Fluoride, QufloraThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:Your child should not use this medicine if he has had an allergic reaction to fluoride or other vitamins and minerals.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- To use the oral liquid: Squeeze the right number of drops directly into the mouth using the dropper. Or you can mix the drops with food or juice.
- Chew the chewable tablets before swallowing. Take the medicine at bedtime after brushing your teeth.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in the original container, away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid .
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Your child should not use calcium supplements or eat foods rich in calcium (such as milk, cheese, or yogurt) within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if your child has kidney disease. You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, because they may harm your kidneys. Ask your caregiver what brands are best for you.
- Too much fluoride can cause white patches or yellow or brown spots on the teeth. If this happens, stop using the medicine and call your child's doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe nausea or vomiting
- Painful or aching bones
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- White, brown, or black spots on the teeth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017