Signs and Symptoms of a Stroke
The American Stroke Association encourages everyone to understand and recognize the signs and symptoms of a stroke:
Take Action Immediately
The American Heart Association encourages everyone to recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. If you or someone you know is experiencing one or more of the following symptoms, call 9-1-1 immediately. Never drive yourself to the hospital, unless you have absolutely no other choice.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
For signs and symptoms of a stroke, click here.