Using the University of Pittsburgh Group Lifestyle Balance Program™
Do you want to lose weight and improve your health? Have you been diagnosed with pre‑diabetes and want to prevent type 2 diabetes? Join us for a 12‑week program with proven results. Our registered dietitian will help you implement lifestyle changes to reduce weight, improve your health and reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes by up to 58% and improve outcomes for those already diagnosed.
Choose one session
Wednesdays, January 17 through April 4 • 2:30 p.m. OR 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays, May 2 through July 25 • 2:30 p.m. OR 4:30 p.m.
$99 per participant
Sessions will include:
- Private weigh-in
- Individualized goal setting sessions
- Group support and motivation to help with goal achievement
Weekly Group Lifestyle Balance Topics for Success:
- Be a Fat and Calorie Detective • Healthy Eating
- Move Those Muscles • Tip the Calorie Balance
- Take Charge of What's Around You • Problem Solving
- Four Keys to Healthy Eating Out • Slippery Slope of Lifestyle Change
- Jump Start Your Activity Plan • Make Social Cues Work for You
- Ways to Stay Motivated
Participants will receive:
- Binder with weekly nutrition handouts
- Tools to monitor intake and exercise
- Calorie King nutritional reference book
NEW - Individual Sessions Now Available! Two Options to Serve You.
- Option 1
- BMI greater than 30
- Program is covered by Medicare with no deductible. If not covered by Medicare, check with your insurance for coverage. A physician's order is required to enter the program.
- Personalized program with medical oversight for individuals who prefer a more one-on-one approach.
- Initial evaluation by a physician at the beginning of the program and again at 6 months.
- Feedback on your progress in the program is provided directly to your primary care physician.
- Coaching and guidance for lifestyle changes provided by registered dietitians over the course of up to 22 sessions in a year.
- Option 2
- BMI less than 30
- One-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian
- Sessions are tailored to meet your unique needs
- Assessment of current nutrition intake, medical history, lifestyle, food preference and activities
- Personalized plan which may include: meal plans, portion control, behavior modification, activity plans, disease-specific modifications, cooking techniques and recipes
- A physician's order is required to submit to insurance.
- Self-pay is available.
For more information or to register for the program, please contact the St. Luke's Nutrition Wellness Center at 314-205-6483.
Healthy Weigh Program Options - Group and Individual (PDF)
* The Group Lifestyle Balance™ program is a direct adaptation of the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases supported Diabetes Prevention Program.