St. Luke's Palliative Care Team ensures the highest quality of life for patients and families coping with life-limiting illness at any time in the disease process. The team includes a specially trained physician, a nurse, a social worker and a chaplain, and focuses on:
- Integrating psychological, spiritual and social support for patients and families
- Incorporating patient's goals of care across the continuum, providing coordination between inpatient and outpatient settings
- Enhancing patient well-being by relieving suffering and improving the quality of life
- Maximizing use of community resources to support the family
- Encouraging caregivers by providing education, resources and support
- Using appropriate resources that support patient and family goals
For further information, contact the nurse coordinator at 314-205-6100 ext. 5964.