St. Luke's Hospital exhibits a true passion for and dedication to working with pediatric patients. Our staff is committed to providing the best possible care for your child.
The Pediatric Division at St. Luke's Hospital is staffed 24 hours a day by board-certified pediatricians and pediatric nurses. The entire staff has a special interest in helping children and strives to meet not only the physical and psychological needs of the child, but also the emotional needs of the entire family.
The efforts of each child's health care team members combine to give children quality medical care in a caring, personalized environment. St. Luke's Hospital prides itself on making sure each child is comfortable during his or her stay.
The Pediatric Division is bright and cheerful to help our patients keep their spirits up while they are away from home. Specially designed to provide a secure and comfortable setting for children, our unit offers a refrigerator located in each patient room, as well as flat screen TVs, DVD players and gaming systems for use in the patient rooms or playroom. The playroom has lots of games and toys for patients and their families to enjoy.
St. Luke's pediatric hospitalists take care of patients in the Pediatric Division, Labor and Delivery, Nursery and in the Emergency Department. Pediatric hospitalists are pediatricians who specialize in the care of children while they are in the hospital. While in the hospital, your child will be seen daily by the pediatric hospitalist, who will coordinate care with your child's primary care physician.
Accommodations for Patients
- Room assignments are based on age, space availability and infection control procedures.
- Flat screen TVs, DVD players and gaming systems are available for use in the patient rooms or playrooms.
- A playroom in the Pediatric Division has lots of books, games and toys for patients and their families to enjoy.
Accommodations for Parents
- A parent may sleep in the child's room. Patient rooms have chairs that may be extended into single beds.
- When you leave your child for a meal, coffee break or to go home, please be certain your child and staff know you are going and approximately when you will return.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient at a time.
- Siblings of patients may visit, provided they are in good health.
- For children requiring the use of a crib, side rails are to be raised and secured at all times. Please be aware of this safety necessity.
- Just as you would at home, keep all small objects and other items inappropriate for small children clearly out of reach. Latex balloons are not permitted in patient rooms. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- Children are not allowed to sleep in the fold-out beds for safety reasons.
- Patients may make their own selections from the Room Service Menu.
- Parents may also order food through the Room Service Menu (payable by credit card) and eat in the room with their child, if they choose. Parents can also purchase "to go" food from the hospital cafeteria or the Hospital coffee shop. Please consider your child's dietary restrictions when eating in the room.
- St. Luke's Hospital has free parking in its garages and on surface lots. A complimentary valet parking service is also available from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the entrances of the North, East and West Medical Office Buildings.