Dr. Ettinger, along with his research staff, offers a support group meeting on a quarterly basis for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension and COPD. Patients and their families are invited to support group meetings. These meetings offer valuable information, knowledgeable speakers, time to talk with other patients experiencing similar situations and a chance to ask any questions you may have.
Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm
This group provides support and information to patients with Pulmonary Fibrosis and COPD. For more information or to be added to the mailing list, call 314-439-LUNG (5864).
Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
- Gain a sense of empowerment and control
- Improve your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reduce distress, depression or anxiety
- Develop a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Get practical advice or information about treatment options
- Compare notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
Online Support Groups:
- Inspire is an online community that partners patients with national organization and support groups
- Lung Connection Community supported by the American Lung Association
- RareConnect was created to provide a safe space where individuals and families affected by rare diseases can connect with each other, share vital experiences, and find helpful information and resources.