Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir (By mouth)
Ledipasvir (le-DIP-as-vir), Sofosbuvir (soe-FOS-bue-vir)
Treats chronic hepatitis C.
HarvoniThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose. Do not take more than 1 tablet per day.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep the medicine in its original bottle.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Amiodarone can cause serious side effects if used together with sofosbuvir or if you have used it recently.
Some medicines can affect how this medicine works. Tell your doctor if you are using any of the following:
- Digoxin, rifabutin, rifampin, rifapentine, rosuvastatin, simeprevir, tenofovir, tipranavir/ritonavir, St John's wort
- Medicine to treat seizures (including carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin)
- Stomach medicine (including famotidine, omeprazole)
- If you take an antacid that contains aluminum or magnesium, take it 4 hours before or after you take this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, other liver disease, or heart disease. Tell your doctor if you had a liver transplant.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Tiredness, weakness
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017