Chesterfield, Mo., October 27, 2023
- St. Luke's Hospital today announced that it is one of America's 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery for 2024 and one of America's 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery for 6 years in a row, the only hospital in Missouri to receive this distinction in 2024
, according to new research released by Healthgrades
. These achievements reflect St. Luke's outstanding clinical outcomes for patients and puts St. Luke's Hospital in the top 5%
of hospitals nationwide for Cardiac Surgery and in the top 10% for Vascular Surgery and
"These impressive distinctions serve as testaments to the dedication and quality of our entire St. Luke's Hospital Heart & Vascular Institute, Surgical Care, and Gastrointestinal teams," said Andrew Bagnall, St. Luke's president and chief executive officer. "St. Luke's commitment to excellence and innovation is matched only by the compassionate and patient-centered care our team members provide."
The 2024 hospital assessment evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 35 common conditions and procedures at approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide to identify the top performers. The 2024 Healthgrades analysis also noted that the variation in performance among hospitals continues to widen, making it increasingly important to seek care at top-rated programs.
St. Luke's Hospital was recognized by Healthgrades for the following 2024 Quality Achievements:
- One of Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™ for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- One of Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospital for Vascular Surgery in 2024
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2021-2024)
- Named Among the top 10% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery for 6 years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Valve Surgery for 8 Years in a Row (2017-2024)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2024 Vascular Surgery Excellence Award
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery for 2024
- Five-Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aorta for 2 years in a row (2023-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures in 2024
- Five-Star Recipient for Peripheral Vascular Bypass in 2024
- Five-Star Recipient for Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeries for 3 Years in a Row (2022-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries for 11 Years in a Row (2022-2024)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2024 Surgical Care Excellence Award
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care in 2024
Consumers can visit Healthgrades.com
to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and access a patient-friendly overview of how we rate and why hospital quality matters here
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2020 through 2022 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. Click here to view the complete 2024 Specialty Awards and Ratings Methodology.
Contact: Kelly Webb-Little
is dedicated to empowering stronger and more meaningful connections between patients and their healthcare providers. As the #1 platform for finding a doctor and a leader in healthcare transparency, we help millions of consumers each month find and schedule appointments with their healthcare professional of choice and prepare for their appointments with best-in-class, treatment-focused content.