Heart Failure Disease Management Team
Heart Failure Disease management utilizes a multidisciplinary team to assess and treat each aspect of the disease process. The heart failure team consists of: board certified cardiologists, Heart Failure Center disease managers, dietitians, chaplains, social workers, pharmacists, exercise physiologists and physical and recreational therapists.
Individualized therapeutic options include:
Individualized care is provided through the following:
- Individualized medical therapy;
- 24-hour availability of disease managers and physician treatment for Heart Failure Center patients;
- Administration of IV diuretics and cardiac medications;
- Assessment and modification of diet;
- Eeducation on heart failure, medications, diet, exercise and psychosocial adjustments;
- Risk factor modification and health promotion;
- Telephone monitoring and follow-up;
- Collaboration and communication with primary care physicians; and
- Self-monitoring tools.
- Cardiac diagnostic testing;
- Medication management;
- Laboratory monitoring;
- Education and counseling;
- Scheduled telephone follow-up;
- 24-hour on-call services to support the patient and family; and
- Heart Throbs, a quarterly support group for heart failure patients, their family and friends. The group allows for questions, answers and information exchange between patients, caregivers and heart failure physicians, disease managers, pharmacists and dieticians in an informational atmosphere.