Visiting Hours & Visitor Rights
Family members and friends are welcome to visit St. Luke's St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital patients. However, since your loved one's healthcare is our primary concern, visiting hours may be limited by staff when necessary.
General visiting hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. daily
No visitors are allowed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) from 6 to 8 a.m. and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. due to shift change. Visiting hours are subject to change at the discretion of the patient's nurse.
A visit from a friend or family member can be one of the best forms of medicine. At St. Luke's St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital, we recognize the benefits of having the comfort of a support person, whether that be a family member, close friend or other individual, during a hospital stay. We welcome you to visit with your loved ones during their stay with us.
Who can visit?
At St. Luke's St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital, visitors may include a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), family member or a friend. Visiting rights won't be restricted, limited or denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Restrictions & limitations
Patients always have the right to deny visitors at any time. In addition, visitors may be asked to come back another time when:
- Visiting may interfere with or hinder care or treatment.
- The potential for exposure to infectious or hazardous materials places patients at risk.
- The hospital is aware of existing court orders restricting contact.
- Disruptive, threatening or violent behavior occurs.
- Rest and privacy is needed.
- Visiting hours have ended or a nurse/doctor needs individual time with the patient.
General visitor guidelines
- Two visitors per patient. More than two visitors at a time can be tiring to a patient. Additional visitors may wait in the lobby or in the cafeteria.
- Limit noise. We ask that you be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Avoid cell phones. It is advised that cell phones not be used near a person on a monitor.
- All visitors must be in good health. Please do not visit the hospital if you have a cold or sore throat or have recently been exposed to contagious diseases. Remember to wash your hands.
- Leave children at home. We do not offer on-site child care and children can never be left unattended at the hospital. Please leave children under 12 with a caregiver at home. Visitors to our intensive care unit (ICU) must call before entering the unit and must be 14 or older.
- You may have to leave the room. When the doctor, nurse, technician or therapists enters to give treatment, you may be asked to leave the room so the patient can have the most privacy possible.
- Stay in contact. We strongly encourage friends and family of patients to stay in contact through phone calls and email.
- Staff can help. If you have any questions, please feel free to address them to staff at St. Luke's St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital. If you feel unsafe, you can also find help during your visit through assistance from our safety officers.