Locations Main Campus: Chesterfield, MO 63017   |   Locations
314-434-1500 314-434-1500   |   Contact Us

Orthopedics

St. Luke's Excels In National Metrics for Patient Satisfaction, Continues Standard for Low Complication/Readmission Rates

The orthopedic physicians at St. Luke's Hospital in St. Louis strive for quality and excellence from the moment a patient contacts our practice to long after they return home to a high-functioning, more fulfilling life. That standard is reflected in the way we treat and care for our patients through our high patient satisfaction scores and our lower complication and readmission rates.

Following are highlights regarding the St. Luke's Orthopedic and Total Joint Center and our commitment to you: 

A charter member and the first hospital in the state of Missouri to report patient joint replacement data to the American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR). St. Luke's Hospital is currently one of two hospitals in the state of Missouri participating in this initiative among 500 hospitals nationwide. This registry will help identify best practices more efficiently and quickly for total joint replacement procedures.
A 88.0% overall patient experience rating (versus a 73.2% national average)* 
A 91.5% would recommend rate by our patients (versus a 73.3% national average)* 
A 91.4% physician communication satisfaction rate by our patients (versus a 81.3% national average)* 
2.0% lower unadjusted complication rate for total knee replacement and total hip replacement (6.2% versus a 8.2% national average)** 
Almost a half-percentage lower overall unadjusted readmission rate for total knee replacement and total hip replacement (2.3% versus a 2.7% national average)**  

Our physicians and staff strive every day to build on this foundation as we continue to be a leader in orthopedic care in the St. Louis region.

* Press Ganey - results from all clients in the Press Ganey database
** QUEST - a national collaborative of hospitals, whose goal is to improve quality and safety results