Health Professionals Information
Providing clinical and professional development.
At St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital, we have a proud heritage of graduate medical education. Since 1954 we have provided high quality osteopathic medical education. We currently have six osteopathic residency programs in:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
The ACGME and AOA have entered into an agreement for there to be a single accreditation progress. As such, the Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesiology, Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery will be closing with the graduates of 2020. These are all AOA accredited programs and will not be applying for ACGME accreditation.
The Family Medicine residency has applied for ACGME accreditation and is in "Pre-Accreditation" status. The results of the initial inspection are pending.
The St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital Family Medicine Residency program accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Application materials should include:
- ERAS common application with personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- COMLEX scores for all parts taken prior to interview
- Passage of COMLEX Part II is required prior to start of program.
All ERAS applications will be reviewed by the FM Program Director and candidates selected for interviews will be notified by the FM Program Director.
Compensation and benefits
When you join us at St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital, you gain access to a number of benefits and compensation.
St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital paid benefits:
Insurance Programs (copay premiums paid by employee):
- Sign-on bonus ($2,000) for FM residents
- PGY-1 Vacation -10 working days per year
- Life Insurance (basic)
- Passport to Wellness
- Long-term disability (after one year)
- AOA/MAOPS dues
- Licensure (BNDD; Temporary license)
- Conferences required by residency (per contract)
- Personal Pension Account Plan-eligible after one year; St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital credits an amount each year based on your income for that year and for your years of service
- Comprehensive medical care plans (flexible three-tier system)
- Dental plans - Basic and Premium options
- Vision plan - Basic and Premium options
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Legal Insurance through ARAG
- Critical Illness Insurance through VOYA
- Accident Insurance through VOYA
Medical Education related benefits:
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCSA); Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)
- Matched Savings 401(k) retirement plan (match of 1.25 percent of base salary)
- Family/medical leave (FMLA per federal law)
- Personal Pension Account Plan
- Meals provided while on duty
- Lab coats (two for OGME-1 and one for OGME 2-3)
- Professional liability insurance while functioning in the role of resident
- Annual membership dues to American Osteopathic Association and Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- On-campus free parking
- Private on-call rooms and resident's lounge
- PGY-1: $49,572
- PGY-2: $51,306
- PGY-3: $53,040
For more information about our education programs, contact our medical education phone number at 314-966-9491
or fax us at 314-966-9394.
To contact our Family Medicine Residency Coordinator, Ana McDonald, call 314-966-9586
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our Medical Education Coordinator, Karen Mebruer, call 314-966-9491
or email email@example.com
To contact our Administrative Director of Medical Education, Marilyn Nicka, PhD, call 314-966-9587
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our Director of Medical Education, Kenneth E. Ross, DO, call 314-966-9511
or email email@example.com