Cisatracurium (By injection)
Relaxes muscles during surgery or other medical procedures.
Cisatracurium Besylate NovaPlus, Nimbex, PremierPro Rx NimbexThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to cisatracurium or benzyl alcohol.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Some medicines can affect how cisatracurium works. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following:
- Anesthetic (numbing medicine)
- Procainamide or quinidine
- Seizure medicine
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or you have a muscle disease such as myasthenia gravis or myasthenic syndrome.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- High fever
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Slow heartbeat
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Muscle weakness or pain
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017