Miconazole/zinc oxide/white petrolatum (On the skin)
Miconazole Nitrate (mye-KON-a-zole NYE-trate), Petrolatum, White (pet-roe-LAY-tum, white), Zinc Oxide (zink OX-ide)
Treats diaper rash in children 4 weeks and older. This medicine is only used when there is a yeast infection with the diaper rash. This infection is also called candida or candidiasis.
VusionThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not give this medicine if your child had an allergic reaction to miconazole nitrate, white petrolatum, or zinc oxide.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Change wet and soiled diapers right away. Clean the diaper area with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine on your child's diaper area at each diaper change. Do not rub into your child's skin.
- This medicine is not for long-term use. If the rash gets worse or does not get better after 7 days, call your doctor.
If a dose is missed:
- Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Do not use this medicine to prevent diaper rash.
- Each antifungal medicine is made to treat a certain kind of infection. Use only the medicine your doctor has prescribed. You should not use an over-the-counter product in place of what your doctor has told you to use.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017