Hearing or speech impairment - resourcesResources - hearing or speech impairment
The following organizations are good resources for information on hearing impairment or speech impairment:
Hearing loss is being partly or totally unable to hear sound in one or both ears.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing -- www.agbell.org
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association -- www.asha.org/public
- Center for Parent Information and Resources -- www.parentcenterhub.org
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders -- www.nidcd.nih.gov
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/hearingloss/index.html
- American Society for Deaf Children -- www.deafchildren.org
- Better Hearing Institute -- www.betterhearing.org
- Hearing Loss Association of America -- www.hearingloss.org/
Review Date: 11/12/2016
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.