Victim assistance - resourcesRape - resources; Resources - rape
Intimate partner violence; Spousal abuse; Elder abuse; Child abuse; Sexual abuse - domestic violence
Rape is defined as a sexual act forced on a person against his or her will. It may involve physical force or the threat of force. It may also be d...
- Administration for Children and Families -- www.acf.hhs.gov
- The National Center for Victims of Crime -- www.ncvc.org
- National Organization for Victim Assistance -- www.trynova.org
- Office for Victims of Crime -- www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) -- www.rainn.org
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline -- www.thehotline.org
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 11/12/2016
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.