ALS - resourcesResources - ALS
The following organizations are good resources for information on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis :
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, is a disease of the nerve cells in the brain, brain stem and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movemen...
- Muscular Dystrophy Association -- www.mda.org/disease/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis
- National Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Registry -- www.cdc.gov/als
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Amyotrophic-Lateral-Sclerosis-ALS-Information-Page
- The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association -- www.alsa.org
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 11/12/2016
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.