Parkinson disease - resourcesResources - Parkinson disease
The following organizations are good resources for information on Parkinson disease :
Parkinson disease causes certain brain cells to die. These are the cells that help control movement and coordination. The disease leads to shaking ...
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation -- www.michaeljfox.org
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Parkinsons-Disease-Information-Page
- National Parkinson Foundation -- www.parkinson.org
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation -- www.pdf.org
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/parkinson-disease
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 11/12/2016
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.