Incontinence - resourcesResources - incontinence
The following organizations are good resources for information on incontinence.
Bowel incontinence is the loss of bowel control, causing you to pass stool unexpectedly. This can range from sometimes leaking a small amount of sto...
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists -- www.acog.org/~/media/for%20patients/faq139.ashx
- International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders -- www.aboutincontinence.org
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/fecal-incontinence/pages/facts.aspx
Urinary (or bladder) incontinence happens when you are not able to keep urine from leaking out of your urethra. The urethra is the tube that carries...
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists -- www.acog.org/~/media/for%20patients/faq081.ashx
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases -- www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases
- The Simon Foundation for Continence -- www.simonfoundation.org
Review Date: 11/12/2016
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.