Why get a heart scan?
Early detection is the key to prevention. A heart scan, or a coronary calcium score, is a simple test which can identify heart disease before symptoms appear. This can allow for early intervention, including lifestyle changes and preventive care, to avoid complications later in life and provides you with a personal risk score and assessment.
Other considerations include:
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women among all racial and ethnic groups;
- Every 40 seconds, an American suffers a heart attack;
- Every minute, an American dies from a heart attack;
- 50 percent of men and 63 percent of women who die suddenly of heart disease have no previous symptoms;
- About 80 percent of people under the age of 65 who died of heart disease did so during their first heart attack.