Dr. Ettinger, along with his research staff, offers a support group meeting on a quarterly basis for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension and COPD. Patients and their families are invited to support group meetings. These meetings offer valuable information, knowledgeable speakers, time to talk with other patients experiencing similar situations and a chance to ask any questions you may have.
Next Support Group Meeting:
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
6:30pm-8:00pm, doors open at 6:00pm
St. Luke's Hospital
222 South Woods Mill Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
If you are interested in participating in a study or would like more information, register now or contact The Lung Research Center at 314-439-LUNG (5864) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
Online Support Groups:
- Gain a sense of empowerment and control
- Improve your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reduce distress, depression or anxiety
- Develop a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Get practical advice or information about treatment options
- Compare notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
- Inspire is an online community that partners patients with national organization and support groups
- Lung Connection Community supported by the American Lung Association
- RareConnect was created to provide a safe space where individuals and families affected by rare diseases can connect with each other, share vital experiences, and find helpful information and resources.