Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between St. Luke's
Hospital and Kindred Healthcare is located three miles west of St. Luke's
Hospital on the campus of Surrey Place. The 35-bed, nearly 30,000 square-foot rehab hospital provides intensive inpatient rehabilitation programs and services to patients with severe illnesses and injuries, like stroke
, traumatic brain injury, neurological disorders, amputation, spinal cord injury and other debilitating conditions.
Rehabilitation Hospital provides a dedicated facility to meet the complex needs of today's rehabilitation patient. It also offers private patient rooms and areas for family-physician conferences, allowing for recovery in a home-like atmosphere.
In St. Luke's
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital:
- All therapy disciplines are available.
- Nursing staff ratios depend on acuity of the patients.
- Physicians interact with patients on a daily basis.
- Family involvement is a significant part of the rehabilitation process.
- Nearly 80 percent of rehabilitation hospital patients return to home after completing their treatment.
Patients receive treatments for a diverse array of diagnoses on a regular basis.