Wound Care Center
The Wound Care Center and Hyperbaric Medicine at St. Luke's Hospital has been providing comprehensive services in St. Louis since 1973. It was the first facility in the St. Louis region to utilize hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of select wounds.
We evaluate wounds from a whole body point of view.
A wound is considered to be any breakdown in the protective function of the skin, and can be caused by any number of different things. Cuts, abrasions, surgical incisions, pressure and even radiation, can cause wounds.
A chronic wound, is defined as a wound that does not heal in an orderly set of stages and in a predictable amount of time the way most wounds do; wounds that do not heal within three months are considered chronic.
Wounds We Treat:
- Diabetic wounds
- Pressure sores
- Non-healing burns
- Slow-to-heal wounds
- Wounds due to poor circulation
- Snake, spider or insect bites
- Failing skin grafts
- Surgical wounds which have not closed properly or were left open to close by filling up from the base (secondary infection)
- Trauma wounds
- Skin irritations
- Venous insufficiency
- Compromised immune system
- Peristomal skin irritation
- Other chronic wounds
- Other non-healing wounds
Treatments We Offer:
- Bioengineered grafts to support healing
- Growth factors to stimulate the body’s own healing mechanisms
- Advanced wound dressing technology
- Compression management for edema management
- IV antibiotics to treat wound, skin and bone infections
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatments
- Wound Vacs
While in Our Care:
- In-depth wound assessment/staging
- Individualized wound treatment/care plans
- An acute care hospital setting
- Certified wound, ostomy, and continence nurses
- Pain assessment for wounds
- Effective, proven, advanced wound care methods and modalities
- A broad array of the latest, most advanced wound care products available
- Professional nutritional assessment and nutrition management
- Scheduled reassessments to monitor wound healing progress
- Specialist referral consultations for comprehensive wound care
Dr. Sion Levy evaluates not just the wound itself, but other medical and physical conditions in the body which make healing of the wound more difficult. When needed, referrals are made to general, vascular and plastic surgeons, infectious disease physicians, certified orthotists, physical therapists, home care, dietitians and the Social Services Department.
Consultation is available by appointment Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. by calling 314-205-6818. Please bring a list of allergies, medications and insurance card to your appointment.
St. Luke's Outpatient Center, Building B
111 St. Luke's Center Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63017
From Hwy. 40/Interstate 64: Go north on Hwy. 141 about 1/2 mile to the hospital entrance. Turn left at the stoplight onto Brooking Park Dr./St. Luke's Center Drive. Go straight at the four-way intersection, and the outpatient centers will be on your right. Complimentary valet parking is available at the Desloge Outpatient Center, Building A & B.