Jodi Nichols, RN
Maternity Nurse Navigator
"My role as maternity nurse navigator is to help expectant parents plan for and become knowledgeable on the options they have for the birth of their baby. After having worked as a labor and delivery nurse for more than 20 years, witnessing the joy of birth, I want to help make this experience as special for our patients as it should be."
St. Luke's maternity nurse navigator service offers expectant parents a personal guide through pregnancy and delivery. The complimentary service provides a more customized, concierge-style experience. You can meet and consult one-on-one with a maternity nurse navigator at any point throughout your pregnancy. She can provide private tours and help with pre-registration, choosing a pediatrician, creating your birth plan and more. Her goal is to be a resource and support during this busy and special time.
Benefits of the Maternity Nurse Navigator Service include:
- Personal tour of the St. Luke's Birth Care Suites - when it's convenient for you - to help you plan your birth experience
- Visit with the maternity nurse navigator, midway through your pregnancy
- Assistance in selecting the prenatal classes that fit your needs and schedule
- One-on-one review of prenatal and childbirth information
- One-on-one review of birth options and family preferences
- Assistance with pre-registration, including helpful tips for selecting a pediatrician
- Information on car seat selection and installation
- One-on-one review of breastfeeding resources, including St. Luke's Lactation Center, lactation consultant services and products available for purchase or rent (such as breast pumps and other nursing supplies)
- A resource for general pregnancy questions and to discuss any concerns throughout your pregnancy
- Hospital visit or follow-up call by the maternity nurse navigator after the birth of your baby
For more information and to connect with the Maternity Nurse Navigator, Jodi, please contact: